A Christmas Poinsettia

For those of you who like to use Spellbinders, here's one for you. I used red vellum and embossed them using my stylus. I cut two of the largest dies, one medium and one small for the flower parts. I poked o hole in the center of the small and medium dies so I could put the stamens through and adhere them in place. I used foam dots to layer the vellum to give it dimension. Be careful with the placement of your foam as it will show through the vellum, I put it where the vellum's overlapped just in from the edge of the petals. I then cut one large die from green and cut the petals apart and tucked them in under the red for some leaves. The lattice punch is from EK. I made this card for a LSS to show a use for red vellum.

When using your stylus on vellum I used a foam stamp pad underneath and applied light pressure at first and increased it until I found the ripping point of the vellum. Practice on a scrap piece first till you get the feel of it.

Posted by Picasa

0 comments:

Post a Comment